My wife and I are on a mission to visit all the oversized local landmarks throughout Minnesota. This blog chronicles those visits and covers other related topics.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Minnesota Map Update...and more

I added three new attractions to the Minnesota Big Stuff Project map thanks to a tip from fellow Flickrite, anglerove. He stopped at these attractions on a recent fishing trip to Baudette. The new additions are:

Bald Eagle - Remer, MN
Muskie - Deer River, MN
Giant Canada Goose - Squaw Lake, MN

I also added an attraction to the Iowa map. Thanks to advcomp2019 who informed me about it in the comments for my post on the Princeton Happy Chef. There is a head of a Happy Chef on a hill somewhere near Turin, IA

I am going to take this opportunity to add a song by Turin Brakes (I know, if it were Breaks then it would be perfect) to the soundtrack. I didn't know which song to pick, so I am going with Fishing For A Dream, partly because I can post a video and partly because of the whole fish thing.



The playlist so far:
Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota - Weird Al Yankovic
Stevie Nix - The Hold Steady
Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight (or Heavy D & the Boyz)
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
An Ear For Baby - The Thermals
Minneapolis - That Dog
Minnesota - The Push Stars
Minnesota - The Mountain Goats
Say Shh... - Atmosphere
We Got as Far as Minnesota - Kind of Like Spitting
Minnesota Moon - The Big Wu
Minnesota - Northern Light
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi - Radiohead
Big Fish - 3 Minute Hero
Spin The Globe - Reel Big Fish
Please Come Back - Catfish Haven
Fishing For a Dream - Turin Brakes



There are links to all the maps on the left.

No comments: