My wife and I are on a mission to visit all the oversized local landmarks throughout Minnesota. This blog chronicles those visits and covers other related topics.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Map

I created a map using Google Maps to mark all of the big stuff. I placed each marker as accurately as possible. I believe most of them are really close to where the big stuff actually are. You can plan your next trip around big stuff! The green tacks mark the ones we have been to and the yellow balloons are targets we have yet to see. I will eventually make maps for other states. Some are close to done already. I might actually make maps for every state. Stay tuned.


View Larger Map

If the markers don't appear, click on "View Larger Map".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

INVALUABLE! Thanks for all your time and effort to put this together. I'm always looking for an accurate map of MN big stuff. Like you, I've had trouble finding everything on other sites (like roadsideamerica). I'll be using your map as my primary guide from now on.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I had made a map using a MN road map and flags I made from Post-Its, but when I found the My Maps thing on Google I had to make this. The ones I have visited are almost spot on. The ones I haven't visited I used mostly the book Oddball Minnesota and roadsideamerica to place them. Most of them should be very close.

Anonymous said...

wow
charish-me