My wife and I are on a mission to visit all the oversized local landmarks throughout Minnesota. This blog chronicles those visits and covers other related topics.

Friday, November 9, 2007

South Dakota Map

South Dakota is home to the World's Largest Pheasant, a couple Muffler Men, Dinosaur Park, President's Park, and, my favorite, these tire guys.


Picture from RoadsideAmerica.com.

Oh, they also have that Rushmore place, but national monuments don't really belong on a list like this. Check out the Big Stuff map for South Dakota here.


If the picture above shows up as a red X, there are two things you can do. 1) Click on the RoadsideAmerica link below the picture and you will go to the RoadsideAmerica page about it. B) Right click on the picture, click on Properties, and copy the Address. Then paste the address in your address bar. This will show the picture and then if you click Back, the picture will show up on this page.

3 comments:

Steve Cuddihy said...

Great site idea! I've linked you on my Twin Cities website.

There is a large anchor in St Paul on Harriot Island: http://www.twincitiesdailyphoto.com/2007/07/now-this-is-anchor.html

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Hmmm....that anchor seems too real for this project, since it IS history instead of some kitchy oversided object that commemorates history. I'll have to see what the wife thinks. Either way, I think we'll have to see it sometime.

Steve Cuddihy said...

haha, ya know, I believe your right. That is the real actual size of the anchor.